You are here
Fee Appeal Form
A fee appeal may be submitted after a charge has been assessed on your library account. Your appeal will be reviewed by a supervisor, and you will receive a response via email within 10 business days. Accounts that have been sent to our collection agency are not eligible for appeal.
Patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their library card and for understanding borrowing guidelines. Submitting this form does not obligate the UNLV Libraries to waive or remove any fees from patron accounts.
Below are some of the reasons why fines will not be waived:
- Unaware of UNLV Libraries Borrowing Guidelines
- The book was not needed by another patron
- Returned the item to a library not affiliated with the UNLV Libraries
- Lent the item to someone else, and s/he returned it after it was due or failed to return it
- Failed to note due dates or to renew items on time
- Disagreement with Borrowing Guidelines
- Inability to pay fees or charges
- Failed to acknowledge reminder or overdue notices
- Failed to read email
Items in red are required