Photo Collections Record
Phillips, Albert C.
(To access this collection, contact Special Collections
or use this feedback form
*** Restriction on copying. See source file
0001 Barbershop, fight pictures on wall, Mr. Underhill, pioneer merchant on right. Nov. 20, 19167.
0002 Interior, Underhill Store, Caliente. Door behind shelf at right still leads to Lee Phillips’ home. Wall is 2’ thick stone.
0003 Inside of Underhill home with Underhill. Now Lee Phillips property.
0004 Inside Underhill residence.
0005 Inside store adjoining Underhill Bldg. Door from kitchen of Underhill Bldg. (Lee Phillips’s home still leads to the store now owned by Caliente Bakery.) 1979
0006 Caliente looking west before flood of 1910 cut a channel through the town. Building on right is same building that appears on (Photo
10-old numbering) Lee Phillips photos, 1907
0007 This is the front of the house. We have leased the front room upstairs over the buggy repository to the telephone co. You can see the buggies through the window and the door. These pictures are not good but will give you a general idea of how things look (probably Pioche)
0008 1907 Caliente. Houses are in large photo.
0009 (Ida Gormely) Man in white shirt is Underhill. Early version of San Pedro Saloon, 1906.
0010 San Pedro Saloon. Guarded trees were full grown in 1942 when Lee Phillips came to Caliente.
0011 Underhill’s bar. (San Pedro.)
0012 Interior, Underhill with cap.
0013 Inside San Pedro Saloon, 1910. Table 1st at right was in Underhill home when Lee Phillips took residence in 1965
0014 At right, Underhill in front of San Pedro Saloon.
0015 Unidentified building
0016 Completion of the track looking west.
0017 Interior, unidentified saloon.
0018 Rock apt. building, 1910, still in use, owned by Albert Phillips of Caliente, Nev. , Bought from Underhill estate.
0019 Back of Underhill Building. Fence on street is on center line. Building upper right is roundhouse. Middle right is San Pedro Saloon (Underhill Mgr.)
0020 Underhill building, mortgaged by Clark for 170 million to building RR. After Flood of 1910, now Lee Phillips’ home.