Housed in the Carlson Education Building, UNLV Libraries Curriculum Materials Library (CML) exists primarily to support the education of new Nevada teachers, as well as the continued education of current teachers and the research of UNLV faculty. We strive to be the center of learning for Education Majors of all levels, from both UNLV and the local Clark County community.
The CML houses a number of physical tools to assist in teacher education, including:
- an extensive reference collection
- collections of children's literature, from picture books to young adult
- a large Professional Materials Collection with books on lesson planning, classroom management and teaching skills, etc.
- 25 computers for student use, and 5 laptops for checkout
- a Teacher Prep Room for creating classroom props and materials
- so much more!!
Additionally we provide online access to various journal databases, e-books, and other materials necessary for education research by both students and faculty, as well as a complete research guide for teachers-in-training of of all levels from our Education Librarian.