Direct your students to scholarly resources by creating links to Course Reserves in your Web Campus account.
- Capture the Link for an Item on Electronic Reserves
- Capture the Link for an Item on Course (Physical) Reserves
- Add the Link to WebCampus
- Watch a Demonstration
Capture the Link for an item on Electronic Reserves
- Go to the Electronic Reserves
- In the "Course pages by instructor" tab search for the name the class is listed under
- Click on the course number
- Read and accept the copy right notice, if it appears
- Switch to the "Course info" tab
- Copy the persistent URL that is listed
Capture the Link for an item on Physical Reserves
Physical reserves are housed in the Libraries. However, you can link to the record for any items you have on reserve so your students will know where to access the material once they are in the library.
- Go to Course Reserves
- Search by instructor or course name
- Click onto the title of the item
- Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser
- Open your library resources folder, or the page where you would like to place your link
- Click on "Add Content Link" (from the pull down menu)
- Click on "Web Link"
- Click on "Create Web Link" (Notice that each web link, once created, is reusable through the "Select from inventory" option)
- Provide a name for your link
- Provide a description for your link, if desired
- In the "Web Address" box delete the http://
- Paste in your URL by either right clicking in the box and choosing "Paste" or by pressing the Control Key and the letter V at the same time
- "Click on Save" or "Save and Create Another"
- Use the "Student View" tab to preview how the link will look to students
Information is subject to change, as vendors update their products. If you encounter problems using the methods outlined above or if you have additional questions or problems, please contact your liaison librarian for assistance.