In the interest of providing a comfortable and inviting study atmosphere for our library users, the UNLV Libraries allow the consumption of snack food and non-alcoholic beverages under prescribed conditions in their buildings. To maximize the continuing value of the Libraries' collections, equipment, and furnishings, we ask that you accept and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please consume your snack food and drink only in library study areas. (For the purposes of this policy, foods such as chips, nuts, pretzels, and cookies are considered snack foods -- pizza, burgers, fries, sandwiches, salads, etc., are not.)
- Please use sturdy, "spill-proof" containers to minimize damage to the Libraries' resources and facilities.
- Please dispose of any food and drink-related trash in the covered trash baskets.
Please report any spills that may occur to Library staff immediately so that the spill can be cleaned as quickly as possible.
Eating and drinking are not permitted at or near:
- computer workstations
- media equipment
- printers or photocopiers
- aisles and stacks where books are shelved
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in Special Collections
- The delivery of food to the library for library users is prohibited (Library-authorized deliveries for sponsored events are not subject to this policy.)
- Branch libraries may establish food and drink policies appropriate to their facilities, resources, and clientele -- check posted policies to ensure compliance
It is our expectation that you will make every effort to accept the responsibility that this new and more relaxed policy implies. Your recognition and acceptance of the policy will minimize enforcement conflicts and will make the Libraries more comfortable and productive places for everyone. Such behavior will also ensure the full use and enjoyment of our resources and facilities for all current and future users. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
If you fail to follow this policy and its limitations, you will be asked to conform or leave the library. Additional sanctions may be imposed on repeat offenders.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted at or near: