You are here
Collaborating With Your Librarian in WebCampus
Direct your students to research help by providing the contact information for their librarian. Your subject librarian, or liaison, has expertise in the resources of your discipline and is a great first point of contact for any question or comment about the Libraries.
Ways to Collaborate
There are many ways for you to collaborate with your liaison librarian. Contact them directly for more information. Here are some potential ways liaisons can partner with you:
- Creating customized research guides (Examples of Class and Subject Guides)
- Assisting with research assignment design
- Holding "office hours" within your online course to answer reference questions
- Participating in a research discussion thread in your WebCampus course
- Holding virtual or on-site library instructional sessions
How to Add Your Librarian to Your Course
From "My WebCampus" (at the top of the screen, once you have entered your online course)
- Select "WebCampus Support Center" (under "Campus Bookmarks" on the right hand side of the screen)
- Click on "Submit a Ticket"
- Log in (if you do not have an account you will need to create one)
- Select "Instructor" for your user type
- Enter your phone number where requested
- Under "Issue Type" Select "Enroll User in Section"
- Under "Problem Details" describe the request you are making
- Enter your course number
- Enter your section number
- Enter the type of access you wish to grant your librarian (Instructor, Designer, Teaching Assistant, or Guest/Auditor)
- Enter the first name of your librarian
- Enter the last name of your librarian
- Enter your librarian's WebCampus ID, if known
- Attach a file if needed (e.g. if you want to add multiple collaborators to your course)
- Preview your form before submitting, or click on finish to submit your form
You will receive an automated response indicating that your request has been received.
If you encounter problems using the methods outlined above or if you have additional questions or problems, please contact your liaison librarian for assistance.