The Media Lab is primarily a self-service facility. Users are encouraged to consult the resources below before asking for staff help.
Instruction sheets for common tasks are available in the Media Lab and here as PDF files.
- Audio capture from cassette tape 
- Audio capture from audio CD
- Audio capture from vinyl records 
- Copy DVD to DVD
- Copy VHS to DVD 
- Copy VHS to VHS 
- Convert .wma or .wmv to .mp3
- Video capture from any camcorder 
- Video capture from DVD 
- Video capture from VHS or VHS-c
- Video editing using Pinnacle
- Video editing using Moviemaker 
- Audacity wiki 
- Camtasia Learning Center 
- Pinnacle Studio Trouble Shooting Guide 
- Pinnacle Studio Tutorial 
- QuickTime Pro Tutorials 
Library Computer Help Desk staff and Media Lab staff can make recommendations for which hardware and software to use for your project; however, we cannot make recommendations regarding the aesthetics or content of your project, and we cannot do any part of your project for you.
Appointments are required for those users requiring assistance. Appointments are generally available 10 am to 5 pm Monday—Friday. Evenings and weekends are self-service. Please fill out this form  or call (702) 895-2128 to make an appointment.