You are here
Workshops & Tours
- Library instruction sessions are designed to help you develop your abilities to identify, access, evaluate and make effective use of information in its various formats.
- Any UNLV student, staff, or faculty member is invited to attend.
- All sessions are free.
- To schedule workshop(s) or tour, please contact Rachelle Weigel at email@example.com or 895-2114 with the following:
- Workshop(s) or tour you're interested in (see below for descriptions)
- Available dates and times, preferably Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
- Other dates and times may be negotiable with the workshop coordinator.
- Your contact information; phone and email.
- More than one workshop may be requested at a time, depending on workshop coordinator's schedule and availability.
- We can make accommodations for patrons with disabilities. Please call 895-2114 to make arrangements.
- Workshops meet in the Eureka Room
- Tours meet at the main Lied Library entrance
Workshop Titles and Descriptions
- Library Orientation: Find It!: Great place to start! Get familiar with the library and its resources. Learn the tips and tricks for finding books and full text articles on your topic. Fulfills ENG102 requirements. 1 hour.
- Google!: Google is much more than a search engine. Get insider hints for making Google work for you. 45 min.
- Successful Searching: Successful Searching-Want to know more about advanced searching strategies to make your searches efficient and effective? Gain tips through this free workshop to get the results you're looking for. 45 min.
- Invisible Web: Invisible Web-Not everything is found in a Google search. Discover the "deep" web and find hidden information that lies beneath. 45 min.
- Research on the Internet: Tired of looking through hundreds of results from Google? Where can you have all the "good" sites on one page? Come to this workshop to find out about internet resource sites where what you might need is right at your fingertips. 1 hour.
- Is it all Good? Evaluating the Web: How do you tell a good site from a not-so good one? Or is it all good? In this workshop learn to evaluate web sites to distinguish the good, the bad and the ugly. 1 hour
- RefWorks in 15 minutes: How about an online personal database of your research citations that can help you gather, manage, store and share? In this introductory workshop learn to set up an account and the basics to getting started in RefWorks. 1 hour.
- Google Scholar: Do you use Google? Want to use it for more than surfing the web? And see what's out there pertaining to scholarly literature and research. 45 min.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 895-2114