- Handwritten items should be written in dark ink and should be legible.
- Photocopies should be clean and of the highest possible quality, preferably without dark edges. The quality of the scan is only as good as the original photocopy!
- Old photocopies that are torn and have dog-eared pages will be returned with a request for a cleaner copy; they jam up the sheet feeder.
- Paper should be standard letter size. The scanner sheet feeder cannot handle anything that is not eight-and-a-half-by-eleven.
- Articles should be short in order to download quickly. If the item is over 25 pages, consider only using a few pages of important material.
- Page orientation should be consistent-either portrait or landscape.
- Item should be black-and-white or grayscale; the scanner does not scan in color.