The security settings of anti-virus software and/or firewalls can prevent remote access from working. Since there are so many different types and configurations of virus software and firewalls, we cannot provide details on how to configure your specific software. You may need to discuss the configuration with your internet service provider (ISP) or with the technical support person for your product. The following tips may be helpful:
- You may need to set https://login.ezproxy.library.unlv.edu/ as a trusted site so your firewall does not block it.
- You will need to make sure that the virus protection is not blocking cookies. Even though you may have cookies enabled on your browser, they may be disabled by your virus protection software.
- If you are using McAfee, make sure that "web bug" protection is disabled. From the network and internet section, choose web browsing protection, and then select the advanced feature. Deselect "block web bugs".
- If you are using Norton, make sure your privacy settings are not set on high. Allow "confidential information", if prompted. Also, within your privacy settings, ensure that "enable secure connection" is checked.
- If you are using a web accelerator, try turning it off.