You are here
Borrow Materials From Other Libraries
- First check the Library Catalog to see if the book is owned by the University Libraries.
- Try LINK+ if your book is not in the Library Catalog. Items from Link+ will be delivered in 2-4 days.
- Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) if the book is not in the Library Catalog or LINK+. Books and other print materials will be delivered in 1-5 weeks.
Search in WorldCat to find books in other libraries worldwide that may be available via Interlibrary Loan.
Articles in journals/magazines/newspapers
- First check the UNLV print and online journal subscriptions page by TITLE of the journal/magazine/newspaper to see if the University Libraries own the item you need. Make sure to verify the dates we own the item.
- Use Interlibrary Loan if the Libraries don't own the journal/magazine/newspaper for the date you want. Most journal articles will be delivered to your Illiad account in 2-5 days if you have chosen electronic delivery. ILL forms can be filled out automatically by clicking on the "Get Text" button in any of the databases. (Note: LINK+ is only for books. You cannot use LINK+ to request articles.)
- Check the Library Catalog by dissertation title or author to see if the Libraries own a copy.
- Check Digital Dissertations to see if you can download an electronic copy of the dissertation you want.
- Use Interlibrary Loan if the dissertation you want is not available in the Libraries or electronically. Dissertations will be delivered in 1-5 weeks.
Other Libraries near UNLV