You are here
Can't find an item that's in the catalog?
If it’s been checked out…
- Place a hold on the book at the Lied Library Circulation Desk, at a branch library service desk, or in the Catalog by clicking on the Request button.
- Recall an item (issues a 2-week due date to the patron who currently has the item checked out). You will be notified by email when the book is available. Items will be held at the Lied Library Circulation Desk or branch service desk for seven days. Items can only be recalled by UNLV students, faculty, and staff.
- Use Link+ to order the item from another library (usually only takes 2-4 days to receive the item). Link+ is available only to UNLV students, faculty, and staff.
If it should be on the shelf, but isn’t…
- Complete a Search Request at the Lied Library Circulation Desk or branch library service desk and an in-house search will be initiated. You will be notified via email when the book is located.
- If we can’t locate the item, we’ll order it for you via LINK+ or suggest that you try Interlibrary Loan. You will receive an email notification as to the status of your search request. Link+ and Interlibrary Loan are available only to UNLV students, faculty, and staff.