Architecture Studies Library
       University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
UNLV HOME (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
Links for ASL and Libraries Hours for all UNLV Libraries Search catalog for all UNLV Libraries Access your library account ASL Comment Form
ASL Books     Articles     Course Reserves    
                            
The ASL The Web

UNLV Libraries Main Page -> Architecture Studies Library -> Las Vegas Guides and Collections -> Las Vegas Architects and Buildings Database -> Projects

Cashman Equipment Company's Corporate Headquarters

Photos & Links: (Web Page 1)
Location:
3300 St. Rose Parkway
Henderson, NV 89052
Type(s):
Subtype(s):
Constructed: 2007-07-12
Completed: 2008-12
Cost: $73.72 M
Size (sq. ft.): 290000
Other Size Measure: 53 Acres
Firm(s):
Owners: Cashman Equipment Company
Contractors: Civil Engineer: PRE
Structural Engineer: Mendenhall Smith
Electrical Engineer: Harris Consulting Engineers, LLC
General Contractor: Burke & Associates
Architectural Elements: General Information * Corporate headquarters campus * 53-Acre site * 300,000 Total square feet * 7 total buildings Energy * Geothermal heat exchange handles 60% of building cooling load, the remaining 40% is cooled with a cooling tower * Cooling tower pre-cools the geothermal loop during the night to prepare for the daytime cooling needs * High-efficiency lighting * Natural daylighting in 90% of building * Occupancy sensors to manage HVAC and lighting * Advanced metering for performance and accountability * 35% of buildings energy is supplied by renewable energy * 30% Water reduction compared to a similar building * Natural daylighting with southern exposure shading devices Indoor Environmental Quality * Indoor Air Quality Management Plan Established * Low VOC finishes, adhesives, and substrates * Individual lighting controls - 90% of building * Individual mechanical controls - 50% of building * Daylight views for 90% of spaces Site, Materials, Resources and Innovation o Xeriscape, native landscape (no turf) o Increased shading (Heat Island Reduction) o Recycled Steel Components, Concrete with fly recycled carpet, fabrics, ceiling tile, glass terrazzo floor tile
Description: Seven Buildings in the campus-style industrial complex is going for LEED Gold certification

Statement of design approach: To provide a LEED Gold rated facility / campus with a high quality work environment.

Cashman Equipment is the headquarters for the largest heavy equipment dealer in Nevada. The 300,000sf, seven building campus on 56 acres is located along a major thoroughfare in Henderson, Nevada. The campus includes a diverse set of building types including: Administration, Warehouse, Retail Parts, Heavy Equipment Shops, Retail Rental and Service, Electric Power Generator Sales and Services and various welding, wash, staging and storage areas. The main building features a three story administration tower connected to the warehouse and shop area through a glass enclosed parts and retail link. The two story main lobby functions as an equipment display area and sales floor for the equipment. Throughout the project, the client demanded a high level of consideration for employee amenities and a high quality work environment. Employee locker rooms, interior and exterior break areas, a central cafeteria and multiple training rooms are arranged throughout the complex. A second criteria of the client was for a LEED
rated facility. The architect's design is for a Gold rated LEED campus. This is achieved through a variety of components including: geothermal ground source heat pumps, white roofs, enhanced landscaping in parking areas, drought tolerant landscaping, abundant natural light in 90% of the interior spaces, daylight and occupancy sensor controlled high output lighting fixtures, materials within a 500 mile radius abundant recycled products and a construction recycling program. The building is design for an average 43% savings in energy operating costs. The entire campus is unified through a subtle, uniform color and material palette on all the buildings. Concrete tilt-up panels are painted two shades of gray and accented with tinted glazing and metal panels. "Caterpillar Yellow" is used sparingly as an accent color to allow the equipment to be the main focus.
Award(s) Won:
Extra Note: AIA Nevada Design Awards (2007) Entry No. UB07011, Submission.
UNLV Architecture Studies Library holds: Form Core Boards, Project Identification Form, Photo Release Form, Intern Compensation Disclaimer Form, Project Entry Form, Exteriors Photos, Site Plan, Floor Plans, Interior Photos and CD

"Southwest Contractor: 2007 Top Projects Nevada." Southwest Contractor. June 2008: 75.